This guide is focused on the different methods for starting a charge on a Public charge point.
For troubleshooting advice, read here.
Start a charge via Monta app
If you are already a Monta user, you can easily start a charge from the Monta app.
- Open the Monta Map and select a charge point
- Click to open the charge point
- Select or add your car (optional)
- Click on “Go to payment”
- Click on “Add payment method”
- Select an available payment method or add a bank card
- Slide to start charging
Start a charge via QR sticker
If you see a QR sticker on the charge point you can start a charge whether or not you have a Monta account! Here is how you do that:
- Scan the QR sticker with your phone camera or NFC
- If you have the Monta app, it will open on your phone (see step above)
- Click on Continue to payment
- Select from the payment methods available on your device or add a bank card
- Swipe to start charging
Start a charge via RFID
You can attach a charge key (RFID) to your Monta Wallet and start charging with a single tap!
- Pair a charge key to your Monta Wallet LINK
- Make sure you have enough funds for charging in the Monta Wallet
- Plug in your car and tap the RFID of the charge point
- Please note that not all charge points support RFID cards
Start a charge via Payter terminal
If you see that there is an available payment terminal at the site, you can use to start a charge.
- Plug in your car to the charge point
- Look at the Payter screen to confirm it is the right charge point
- Swipe a bank card to pay and start charging immediately
How to report problem
- Click on the headphones icon
- Click on “Report this charge point”
- Select a reason for reporting from the drop down menu
- Describe in detail the issue with the charge point
- Provide any screenshots you have of the issue
- Select of you want a follow up from Monta
- Click on “Submit report” and do it
Thanks for your feedback!